Oakland County, MI Family Law Attorney
If you are considering divorce or are embroiled in a child custody battle, it is important that you have a strong legal advocate on your side. Staci Giske, founding attorney of the Giske Law Center, is a zealous Oakland County, MI family law attorney who aggressively represents the interests of her family law clients inside and outside the courtroom. For over 15 years, Ms. Giske has helped families in Oakland County who were confronting serious family legal issues, including divorce, child custody, and paternity issues. She will fight to ensure that your rights are properly protected every step of the way.
Full Service Law Firm Provides Holistic Family Law Services
Staci Giske and the Giske Law Center provide holistic family law services to families throughout Oakland County, MI. We can represent you with any of the following family law matters:
- Divorce – Ms. Giske is well-versed in all aspects of divorce law. She can explain your rights and the procedures related to establishing your right to a divorce, how your property is divided and how divorce will affect your rights.
- Custody and parenting time – Michigan law appreciates the importance of both parents have a meaningful relationship with their children. Ms. Giske can fight for your right to maintain a significant relationship with your children after the breakup of your relationship with the other parent.
- Spousal support or alimony – Michigan law provides for spousal support when there is income disparity between the parties and financial support is necessary to preserve the lower-earning spouse’s standard of living.
- Child support – Our advocates can file a petition to seek support, file to modify support or take action when child support has not been paid.
- Paternity – We can affirm or contest paternity in appropriate cases.
- Step-parent adoption – If your spouse wants to adopt your child, we can walk you through this process to legitimatize this parental relationship.
- Prenuptial agreements – Our legal advocates can discuss the benefits of prenuptial agreements and how they can protect your property in case of divorce.
- Domestic mediation – Mediation is often able to resolve family law matters quickly and amicably.
Giske Law Center services include Divorce, Custody and Parenting Time, Paternity, Child Support, Spousal Support or Alimony, Arrearages or Unpaid Support, Revocation of Paternity, Step-Parent Adoption, Prenuptial Agreements, and Domestic Mediation.
Contact a Dedicated Oakland County, MI Family Law Attorney for Help with Your Case
Family legal matters are often emotional and involve high stakes. Staci Giske is an Oakland County, MI family attorney who will try to minimize the harm that this legal issue has on your life and your family. Whenever possible, she will seek to resolve your legal problem outside the courtroom so that you have greater control over the outcome and can avoid the expense and burden of a trial through negotiations or mediation. However, if you are unable to resolve your differences with these options, she can zealously advocate for your rights in court. If you would like to learn more about how Ms. Giske and the Giske Law Center can help, call us at (248) 399-7700 or contact us via our online contact form.
Staci D. Giske